1. Understanding LANGUAGE its origin & evolution.
2. Understanding the IMAGE its origins & evolution.
3. How we interpret WORD & IMAGE.
4. The relationship between INFORMATION & the DECISION making process. Good Information = Smart Decisions
1. To understand the relationship between the Message, the Medium & its Meaning.
2. Brief history from Cave Pictograms to Guttenberg to Wikipedia
3. Understand Psychological Human Communication Information Transfer 7% Words 38% Tone of Voice 55% Body Language
2. Brief history of Communication Technology from invention of Writing to ipads
1. CONTENT in Print, Broadcast & Internet
2. PRODUCTION in Print Broadcast & Internet
3. MEANING in Print Broadcast & Internet
4. Be able to identify Advertorial, Editorial, Infomertional content in Print & Broadcast
6. Understand what it is to be MEDIATED
7. Understand how the NEWS is created and distributed as a product that generates Advertising revenue.
8. Be able to identify Spin & Propaganda
9. Be able to compare & contrast the Tonality of News Reporting
10. Understand what a Journalist/Reporter does in the Media.
11.Understand the linear process of Media Production – Broadcast – Consumption
12. Understand the Power of the Media, The Good The Bad & The Ugly.
1. Web 2.0 – The Social Media
2. Web 3.0 – The Semantic Web
1. Basic elements of design literacy in TYPOGRAPHY & LAYOUT
1. BLOGGING to achieve a personal passionate voice in blogging content that is informative, entertaining, provocative & inspiring.
2. Be able to design a Promotional Print Advertisement. Take a clients brief, create a concept, write a slogan, design a layout and present to client with full rational for decisions made.
3. Write a script for a 60 sec TV Commercial Advertisment
4. Produce, Direct, Edit your TV Commercial
1. Montage Theory – The Russians, Sergei Eisenstein & Lev Kuleshov
2. Mise en Scene
3. Development, Pre production, Production, Post Production & Distribution in commercial film making.
4. Visual analysis of certain directors including Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Mann, Scott, Jarmusch, Lean, Felini el al…
5. Cinematography’s Rule of 1/3rd’s – Composition – Light & Shade – the x y & Z axis –
6. The fundamentals of Script Writing & the elements of a Story
7. Movie Genre & the relationship between Movies & Culture
8. A brief history of the Camera as an Image Generating Device.
THE MEDIA COMPASS:
1. INTEGRATE yourself as a Media Consumer & Producer within the domain / quadrants of Media Production, Media Message & Media Meaning.
2. Use the Media Compass to analyze any media content